Starting button

Terry Packer packertl2 at
Wed Sep 19 20:45:29 PDT 2007

I had a similar problem on the left - mysteriously
lost the horn button. I didn't locate a parts bike on
the list so I looked at some bikes and found out the
controls are common to many Kawasaki models. On EBay I
was able to buy a left switch assembly affordably.
Actually, I think the plugs might have been slightly
different etc. So I just transferred the horn button
guts to my assembly. With a little patience you'll
almost certainly find what you need at a price that

Terry Packer

--- Jay Loeppke <jloeppke at> wrote:

> Any one have a  starting button ever break?  Came
> home from work on
> the bike, was fine.   Went to put it away a couple
> hours later and
> low and behold no starting button.  It was laying on
> the ground
> beside the bike, but other parts missing.
> I can start the bike by shorting the switch out, so
> I can still
> ride.   Do I have to replace the whole electrical
> pod on that side?

that gives answers, not web links.