Petcock question

Paul Heim SuprHtr at columbus.rr.com
Sat Apr 19 10:31:11 PDT 2008

Nope.  It's either on when the engine is pulling a vacuum or off when the
engine is off.  I'm going from experience with the later bikes, though.

In addition to normal and reserve positions, the newer bikes also have a
"prime" position to bypass the vacuum controlled valve.  I expect you have
the same, or starting up after a long lay-up would be a pain.

Regards,
Paul in Ohio