The tire battle begins

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 10:08:31 PDT 2008

Oh heck Dave, and I'm going to hear about the fact that I still like Shinko tires.
 Shinko=Yokohama which is THE racing tire of choice in Japan.
Um, yes the same place our bike were built, little island east of China?
The Strada look great but, It's hard to trust an Italian after Danny Green.

The Shinko 005 on Rockelle still has plenty of tread left on her,.  [pics later]
and way stickier than any battle-axe. So $135 for for the Stradas or
$85 for the korean made jap tires. Both are race and street proven.

Why Shinko gets the bad rap over here beats the daylights out of me.
Source:
http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/ShinkoAdvance.aspx
http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/RN76993.aspx

I did find out 180 battle-axe was the OEM tire, why Avon want to sell 170s
I'll never know.

David Beard <davidebeard at comcast.net> wrote: Heck Jer, there are people on the list here that would be happy to buy
that rear tire from you and put another 3000 miles on it... =-O

Dave B