Fork Dissasembly

Mark Reckinger marque at battlefoundry.net
Sun Apr 20 12:54:16 PDT 2008

Jeff,

Forget the trip to Menards. Pull your rear Axle. The crown nut from it
is an exact fit into the top of the damper. Just reverse it, get it held
in place (I just used a small bolt through the crown / hole in the
axle), drop the axle, crown nut first, down the fork. The axle is plenty
long (and rigid enough) to get a grip on the damper top. I tried the
Menards cludge and it was just too spindly to hold the damper firmly
enough.

Good luck,
McGiver

----