carb cleaner

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 12 19:14:13 PDT 2008

Problem solved. I took the carbs off, gave the jets and float valves a good cleaning with some Honda Carb cleaner I found in the garage (never know what I'll find in there). Put it all back together WITH AN INLINE FILTER THIS TIME, and fired it up. Wouldn't start at first, then I realized I forgot to hook the choke cable back up...doh! After fixing that, it started right up and continued to run fine for a good ten minutes. Sprayed some wd-40 on the pipe and it smoked right off. Man, I'm glad that's solved! Thanks to our carb guru Dave Beard for steering me in the right direction.

schnowz <schnowz at localnet.com> wrote:  Dave I'm told a vinegar douche from the feminine hygiene section works quite
well..

Pete