TLH Trip - Final Chapter

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Fri Aug 22 09:24:35 PDT 2008

I went through Bangor Maine about 2:00 pm.  I hadn't planned to but my map
was disintegrating and I realized unless I got another map or took I-95 past
Bangor to Newport and picked up US#2, I would get lost and it would only be
a matter of time before I ran out of gas and the locals killed me ansd ate
me --or maybe worse.  I hit a rest stop just south of Bangor where some kind
old lady gave me 5 or 6 maps and told me to get off I-95 at exit 157 if I
wanted to take US#2 which would take me to Montpeiler VT.  If you don't
think the interstate is adventure riding you should try I-95 it the driving
rain.  Its got 200 yard long 6 inch wide tar snakes that are slicker than
whale shit on an ice floe.  And there are a lot of them.  US#2 would be a
hell of a nice run in dry weather.  The weather had cleared when I got to
Hwy 15 running northwest from just west of St Jonesbury VT to Burlington it
was an excellent run.
I'm looking at making a 2 or 3 day run around the Muskoka Lake area to Parry
Sound and maybe circle Georgian Bay in September (wait till the tourists go
home).  I can pretty well scrounge accommodations on that route.