She no go - final chapter

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Thu Feb 14 16:15:57 PST 2008

That's the one - my mechanic tells me this is only the second one in 20 years he's known to fail, so it's not a common thing (lucky me!).

Collected my bike yesterday afternoon, and I must say it was so good to be back on it.  Felt very odd initially compared with the R1 - felt like I was sitting up in the wind.  Very noticeable also was just how smooth this bike is - not something I've really paid attention to previously, but then I've rarely ridden other bikes since I got the GPZ.

I'm still considering getting a ZZR1200. Although the GPZ has never let me down in the 8 years I've owned it prior to this, it's not a new bike, and mine has just ticked over 130k km - a not inconsiderable figure, albeit probably nowhere near its limit.  But, I can pick up a ZZR with <20k kms, staintumes, seat cover and bags for about $9k, which is half what they cost new without the accessories.  Given that I can probably get around $3-4k for mine still, and it looks like a good deal.  If anyone has any thoughts pro or con I'd be happy to hear them, but in all likelihood I'll be going that way in the not too distant future.

I'll still be staying on the GPZ list, of course.

Anyway, enough rambling - till next time.

Simon
'95 GPz1100 - It's big, it's blue, it's going again.
Melbourne, Australia
Life is the flower for which love is the honey..

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?