She no go

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 13:18:34 PST 2008

Hi Simon,
To me this sounds like flooding caused by that petcock dribble.
You may want to pull the other two plugs and check.
It may be that the check valves on these are remaining open due to dirt while those of Nos. #1 and #4 are closing properly and not allowing the seeping fuel to flood the cylinders.
Careful with that petcock.
Mine caused me to have to have an engine rebuild some time ago when the cylinders became so flooded that attempting a push-start caused the drive gear on the crank to snap two teeth where it meshed with the clutch basket.
Hope this helps.
Randy
(lurker in New Orleans).