First ride after fork rebuild: brake funkiness + fork oil question

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 13:08:32 PDT 2008

They can be lubed but need some play so the calipers can float. They wear as
they take the brunt of the braking forces put on the caliper. All I can
think is that so much other stuff on the front end was moving that now that
everything is tight, it's the only thing you notice.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
'08 KLR 650