The Orange Beast is gone

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 14:15:18 PDT 2008

He was probably high fiving another squirrel afterwards.

Tom Wheeler <the74impala at hotmail.com> wrote:  145 seems like a limit, not for lack of go, but clear road. The last thing I would want to do it be going that fast in traffic. It would be even crazier than doing it on an empty road. One time I heard about someone who had a squirrel run out in front of them about 1/4 mile ahead. This was only a few seconds prior to reaching the squirrel of course at ~140ish. The rider, since I would not tell that I break laws, decided that the squirrel must have done this more frequently and let him decide as he went left, right, left, right, then finally left just before the bike, now slowed by letting off on the throttle, zipped by. I am sure this rider will never forget that crazy, indecisive rodent.

Tom
Louisville