Sprocker Selection

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Jun 10 10:44:44 PDT 2008

Several of those who have changed the gearing have gone to
a two tooth bigger rear sprocket to gear it down slightly.
It raises the cruising RPM by about 300 rpm.  The added
advantage of this is it also shortens the wheelbase by
nearly an inch and helps quicken the steering without any
loss of high speed stability.

I'm guessing if you went up one tooth on the front you
would lower the cruising RPM by 400 or so.

Charles S.
95 GPZ1100