Proton Flush Mount lights and 1/2 bike covers.

Jeffrey L. Walker walkerjl at charter.net
Wed Jun 25 13:38:33 PDT 2008

I seem to recall that someone here on the list put a set of Proton flush
mount front lights on and had some pictures or a video posted, but I can't
seem to recall who / when / where.

I'm considering a set, but I don't know which one to get that would work, as
New Enough only lists ones for the Kawasaki ZX-6R, ZX-6RR, ZX-10R and
ZX-12R.  The company website is the same.

Basically I'm committed to replacing the front turns with flush mounts.  One
of the bulbs is burned out and corroded so badly in the socket that I can't
remove it without damaging it.  Plus where I work now I have to put a cover
on my bike at work every day or suffer from salt spray from the ocean, and I
really HATE having my cover get hung up on the turn signals every time I
take it off.

Speaking of bike covers, I want to get a 1/2 cover, as my Dowco cover is
starting to show real wear and its too big to pack for everyday use (plus
the wind off the Pacific makes it flap around too much).  I really like the
Geza cover, but I really don't want to spend $125 for it.  I was looking for
a cheaper alternative like the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 (also available at New
Enough).  They show a picture of a size large on a Triumph Sprint ST that
looks about right, but I'm concerned that with my taller windscreen (MRA
Vario Touring screen) and Givi wingrack and tank bag that it'll fit, but I
think I'll chance it since I don't think I'd want to go to the XL size.

Anyway, any thoughts or opinions greatly appreciated, especially about the
Proton lights... like which of the ones listed is closest or will definitely
work on the GPz.

Thanks,
Jeff