PA Rte #423

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 11:37:01 PDT 2008

For those of you looking for PA Rte #423, it;'s easy to find, and is a
pretty nice road.  The best stretch is from Pocono Pines to I-380, in that
direction.  It runs from Rte #940 in Pocono Pines northeast to Rte #191 in
South Sterling (Tobyhanna).  I grew up 1/4 mile from 423 (in Lake Naomi
development) and have spent many hours on it's curvy miles (on bicycle, car
and mc).  As kids, we used to ride our bicycles from Lake Naomi to
Warnertwon falls and go swimming (etc...).  If you want to go there (and I
highly recommend it) going north from Pocono Pines look for a sharp uphill
right hander which is preceded by three downhill whoops.  It's about 1/4
mile past the curve on the left.  http://tinyurl.com/6lnuhr

There's a small parking area and a foot path back to the ruins of the dam
and the natural rockslide and pool.  I had some of the best times of my
young, overly active life back that path  http://tinyurl.com/5uhkos , so
tread lightly and have fun.

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net