Hi, a newbie here...

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Tue Mar 4 22:18:22 PST 2008

Hi David,

I had an 83 GPz750 prior to my 95, and lots of parts from them fit the 1100 from the same years - fairings, tank, bars etc.  Is yours still fuel injected?  They were hell on wheels in a straight line, but suffered from frame flex (as did most bikes of the time) going round corners.  Many have been converted to carbs these days, whcih makes them much easier to work on but loses some power as I understand it.  Check the fuel tank, too - the were prone to internal rust if left sitting around.

As has been mentioned, these bikes have a strong following, so getting advice and parts shouldn't be too hard.  I have a set of GPz750 lower fairings and some other bits sitting in my garage, but I'm in Australia which may make getting them awkward...

Enjoy the restoration process - remember it'll never be a new bike, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable.

Simon
'95 GPz1100 - It's big, it's blue, it's quick.
Melbourne, Australia
The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?