quick opinion needed

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Mar 10 19:32:12 PDT 2008

I was in those temperatures last month at Hermosa beach on the Pacific side
of Costa Rica.  Fortunatly it was only four days.  The remainer of the month
we were in the mountains around Lake Arenal with temperatures 21 - 25 C
(70 - 80 F).  The Gpz would be a cumbersome ride in CR.  You'd never get
higher than 2nd gear and would be worn out from tossing the big girl around
the wicked curves.  Mind you it would be handy with the 80 meter passing
spots.  I think the 400 Suzuki DRZ or its KTM equivalent would be perfect
for the roads.  Most of the bikes I saw were in the 125 - 200 cc range.  My
2 old Honda (a 1975 and 1984) XL 250 would have been well respected mounts.