Tech Tip - Posi-Lock connectors

Sims, Robert B MAJ MIL USA OSD bob.sims at us.army.mil
Tue Mar 18 00:30:30 PDT 2008

> For those of you who have not stumbled across these little jewels
> yet, I thought I would share.  If you are working on any kind of
> electrical project on a motorcylce (or car for that matter) these
> things are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

+1.  Posi-locks are indeed awesome.  Eastern Beaver widely uses these in their kits.  No more soldering, electric tape, or poorly-crimped connectors.

Speaking of which, for the situations where you _have_ to use crimp-on connectors, get one of those professional-grade, ratchet-style crimpers with the replaceable dies.  I got one of these last year (about $35, I think), and I wish I'd got one a lot sooner.  These make crimp-on connectors actually useful, especially when used along with some quality heat shrink tubing.

I highly recommend Eastern Beaver's kits.  These look expensive, but it's actually a bargain for the quality and time you'd save sourcing all the parts yourself:
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/products.html

Some pics of my own Eastern Beaver, Steibel, heated gear installs:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.sims/UlyssesElectricalModifications/photo#5160442997222038770

Bob
www.twowheelsburning.com