MRA Vario Touring Windscreen?

Ped pedmail at dbmail.dk
Tue Mar 18 22:31:55 PDT 2008

Hi Jeff,

The MRA Vario Touring Windscreen has just been discussed on the German
GPZ 1100 Forum and all who installed it expressed that they were very
satisfied with it. I met some of them last year in Maastricht, the
Netherlands and later in Bavaria and saw the screen myself. I don't
recall any of the riders being anywhere near 6'3" though. I use the MRA
Touring Windscreen (without the 'Vario') myself. It does offer much
better wind protection than the stock screen, but it also increases
helmet noise significantly due to turbulence. My height is about the
same as yours (maybe slightly shorter) so my guess is that it would be
the same for you. I doubt the Vario windscreen will be able to throw the
wind flow all the way above your head. But I like the better
wind/weather protection and use ear plugs to compensate for the
increased noise level.

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark