Weak charging?

Ped pedmail at dbmail.dk
Mon Mar 24 14:32:04 PDT 2008

Steve,

I agree with everything Bill wrote, so no need to repeat that. As to
replacement of the generator: This is pretty straight forward,
especially when you have the shop manual to consult. Shouldn't take you
more than a couple of hours at the most. There should be a fair chance
of finding one at ebay. A couple of years ago I first replaced the
regulator, later the whole generator, so I know :-)   It turned out that
none of them were faulty, but that's another story. If you read more
than 14.8 volts when doing the alternator output test, then don't
hesitate to write again. It's probably not the regulator, and I have a
trick that will work. One word of caution, though: Be sure that the
battery is healthy. If it's not, then replace it. One fault in the
electrical system can easily generate others if it is not corrected.

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark