Cable Lube..

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Sun Mar 30 14:32:55 PDT 2008

Ok..  Here is one for the list..

I need to lubricate the throttle, choke cables on the GPz..   What products
are listers using?

Finally remembered to purchase the clamp on cable lubing tool to make this
easy.  Every year I think about this on Sunday when the bike is in pieces an
no shops are open so I have had to use tinfoil funnels, gravity and 10W-40..
Worked Ok but way too slow.

Now that I have the nice speed little tool, what are people using to do the
job of lubricating the cables.
WD40 is not appropriate
Many of the cans of stuff I found were "penetrating, anti rust"
or
Described "thickening up" and clinging to surfaces, not right either..

I did by a can of White Lithium Grease (aerosol), but have not tried it yet,
concerned it will be too thick..

Paul W. Landry
P_Landry at telus.net