96 Gpz 1100 LOW MILES!!!!!!

chris marquis marquis1968 at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 20:21:43 PDT 2008

Hello all ,I`m looking at a 96 GPZ 1100, 966 miles, yes thats 966 , belongs to a friend of mine, it has sat from 97 till 05 or 06 then it had a new battery and the carbs cleaned ,it started right up after that. then has just sat ever since.  I don`t think 10 more miles were put on it,he was going to trade it in on  a waverunner 6-7 yrs ago and dropped it while trying to load it , it cracked the lower fairing on the left, its repairable ,he has lost all the screws and mounting hardware though, i can fix it all myself  i have alot of exp. with bikes ,he has offered to sell it to me. he wants to know what i`m willing to give .I`m thinking around $2300      do you  guys think  i`m in the ballpark????
  i`ve seen ones in  fair/nice shape for from 3000 to 4000 on ebay , i know this has low low miles but it also needs quite abit of work to get her back in riding condition. I`ve bought bikes that were rode alot and some that have sat lot , and i can honestly say the ones that were rode more often were less trouble.   just wanted to know what others thought    i honestly  don`t want to give much more than 2300 for it as you don`t know what problems may arise from  sitting so long,  but i don`t want my friend to think i`m insulting him either.

                     love to hear  what some of you guys feel this is worth

        Thanks  much  C. Marquis