forks

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon May 12 15:20:42 PDT 2008

Jeff,

While this is indeed tedious to use Julian's words, if you
can hang the bike in the air from ceiling beams in a garage
it can be done a lot easier.  Pull the tank and hang the
center frame from the ceiling while the bike is on the
centerstand.  Pull the brake calipers and let then hang
from the handlebars.  Then, hang the handlebar assembly
from the ceiling like you did the frame.  Leave the forks
attached to the bottom triple clamp.  This should allow
everything on the front end to be dropped easily out the
bottom, in one big piece once you take off the top triple
clamp.  Basically, this allows the entire front end to come
off in one big piece.  It's easier than it might sound, I
did my old KC650 steering head bearings in an hour or two
or so this way.

Charles S.