Header Rust

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Fri Oct 3 07:11:57 PDT 2008

I have the same problem..- you can't ride in a New England winter without
having this problem.
Questions I have for the ceramic coating is
1. How brittle is it if you want to put a jack under the header - will it
chip?
2. The fact that it acts a insulator is not necessarily a good thing for the
exhaust valve seats??
3. The rate of expansion for cerramic and steel is different, so the longer
the part the more of a problem this may be.

If you do it let us know how it works out..

  Pete S