Bike "Totaled"

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Thu Oct 9 09:51:19 PDT 2008

Only a crack on his L index finger joint.  I taught him well.    Was
wearing his Kevlar and padded cycle  jeans and leather jacket, gloves
and helmet.  This was a low speed 15-20 lay-down but it did ware
through the jeans at the knee so only a little scrape there.  His
leather jacket had zippers on the sleeves and it wore the zipper off
on the right side and the leather is well worn and scrapped, the
leather held up great as did the gloves, helmet is scratched also, so
time for a new one.  Just think!!!.............. that was low
speed.    I give anesthesia,  I see these kids, adults wearing nothing
that come in to the operating room for debridement of there road rash
wounds............its often worse than a burn patient.