A few pics of the Cali trip

David Beard davidebeard at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 18:32:08 PDT 2008

Glad to hear you are still faithful to Nina, Jerry. Once you hook up
with a younger, sweeter model, the ex just doesn't measure up anymore.

Have finally got my new lady sorted out and am pretty happy with her.
The ZX12R is in a completely different world than the old Geepster. Not
as smooth as the Orange Beast, but every time I twist the throttle, I
have visions of Star Wars and the and the stars zipping past my screen
when I hit hyperspace. Absolutely un-freaking real. Had the bike dyno
tuned and ended up with 175 ponies at the rear wheel. I have a very
healthy respect for this bike and have been a little hesitant to take it
much higher than 145 mph, or to hit the throttle too hard, but I have to
say it's the most thrilling ride I've ever had. Can't wait to introduce
the new bike to Nina.

Dave B