GPS

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Tue Oct 14 17:39:40 PDT 2008

My advice would be to avoid anything but the 7xx/8xx/5xxx and possibly the 5xx series (not sure if the 5xx support multipoint routing).

The issue is this, none of the other (in the nuvi series), support custom routes or multi destination routing.  IOW, you can't make a custom route on the computer and have the gps guide you.  Instead, you tell it a destination, and it generates its own route.

To me, that's the fundamental purpose of the gps.

The street pilot series supports custom routes.  Not sure about the other units.