GPS

David Beard davidebeard at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 06:33:56 PDT 2008

Well, I think I have a short list of GPS's that I'm looking at now,
thanks to those who have commented. They are:

Garmin SP C550

Garmin Zumo 450

Garmin Nuvi 750 or 760

Garmin 200W

I like the facts that the Zumo 450 is water proof and you can load your
custom trips into it. Price isn't too bad, but still not cheap. Has
Bluetooth and accepts SD card.

The Street Pilot C550 can be had pretty cheap. Discontinued model. Not
water proof. Has Bluetooth. Accepts SD card. Can not store routes(?).

The Nuvi 760 has Bluetooth, but is not water proof. Also accepts SD
card. Bigger display than C550. Currently more expensive than C550.

The 200W does not have Bluetooth. Can not store routes(?). Big display.
Price is fairly cheap. Takes SD card.

My question is which of these four units can not accept custom maps
loaded from your PC? I'm still a bit confused about that feature. Any
other pros or cons regarding these units? I'd love to have a Zumo 550,
but can't justify paying that money right now. Hoping to get the best
bang for the buck.

Dave B