Now GPS - do you need one

Rob Schwartz coldinvt at gmavt.net
Thu Oct 16 14:43:03 PDT 2008

That's fine if you're retired, but a lot of people actually need to know
when they'll get somewhere!

It's really SO convenient to have:
- Start driving to your destination, add some time for a gas stop or snack
and you know exactly when you'll arrive.  She's quite accurate.
- Going to a big city?  Driving with maps can be dangerous and it's easy to
miss a turn and get screwed up.  Garmina shows you all the shortcuts, gives
you advance warning for your turns so you can change lanes early, etc.  She
helps you drive like a local.
- You don't need directions anymore...  To practically anywhere!  In fact,
get the coordinates, and yes... to infinity and beyond!
- On a route, you can go wherever you want... she'll still get you where you
need to go.  I like to wander a lot too and it's great for that.

I just brought mine for a trip to L.A.  On the way to San Diego, I was given
the name of a restaurant near my destination and just a few quick screen
touches and we're there.  If traffic looked terrible, you could just get off
any exit and work around it.

And if you're willing to talk to people, you can still find good places to
eat!

-Rob

BTW - That last bit was pretty Zen, Jim.  The journey is the destination...