Chain and sprockets

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:56:31 PDT 2008

Well, it's that time. I'm pushing 53K miles on the Almighty Geeper and it's
time for a new drive train. Chain has a couple of bad links, and I'm having
to adjust it every 200 miles or less (and it didn't help that I ran 400 last
weekend...).

So, question for our studio audience... Correct me if I'm wrong, but stock
setup is 17 front, 45 rear, 530 112 link chain, correct?

ZX11 setup is different, is it not? it calls out for a 110 link chain, and
possibly different rations on the sprockets

Oh, and just to throw a firecracker in the skunk nest, where are you guys
going for your drive line components? I'm  going to do the work myself, I
just have to find the best deal (too bad I need at least an O-ring chain,
non-O-rings are CHEEP!)

Don in GJ