1400 Concours

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Sun Sep 28 09:34:50 PDT 2008

Hello Bill,

Over 24K on mine now.  at the end of this month, 13 months of ownership.  No major mechanical issues, had the saddle bag and rear carrier recalls completed.  About the only issue I have is the throttle cable requiring lubing quite often (1-2K miles).  When I tear all the plastic off for the big maintenance job, I'll lube the cables entirely, instead of just at the throttle end.

It eats tires and fuel big time.  I'm on my 3rd set, which MUST last through the end of the season here in chi town.

I got a corbin seat around 7K miles which made riding more comfortable.  It is a fully enclosed bike with a big engine, so heat is an issue.  Some are not bothered by this.  For summer riding I prefer the stock shield for better air flow.  For colder/cooler temps, the barn door gets installed.

With the secondary plates out, I average 37-41 mpg depending how warm it is and how aggressively I ride.  A power commander is installed with an economy mapping for the cruise band and performance for everything else.  When it cools down, the mpg goes down too.  Range should be at least 175 miles +.  I usually fill up 120-140.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com