GPS Mount

Jeffrey Walker walkerjl at charter.net
Thu Apr 2 18:13:31 PDT 2009

  The reason that I don't like the steering stem mount is because I don't
want the GPS right in the way of being able to read the speedometer.  I like
it being off center some. Also, I didn't want to trust a jam fit expansion
plug to securely mount the GPS.  Bolted directly on with loctite is better.
I don't know what kind of mounting plate you need (or what kind of GPS we're
talking about here), but my Garmin mount fits a standard RAM ball like that
shown in the second link.  I really like the Garmin mount versus the one
that RAM sells because it locks my 2720 in to the mount with a special tool,
and it also is designed to that the power cord can't come loose.

My power is wired directly to the bike power without using an accessory
socket.  It's about a 3 inch pigtail of cord that I tuck away under the RAM
ball when I don't have the GPS mounted. Like I said, I'll try and take some
pictures of it.

Message: 3