Another New Guy

David Beard davidebeard at comcast.net
Sat Apr 25 12:28:21 PDT 2009

   Welcome to the dark side, Keith.
   Dave B
   keith fraser wrote:

Hi all. A year ago I didn't even know that Kawasaki made a GPZ in the 90s. I wa
s looking for a replacement for my threadbare 84 Ninja 900. Something a little
comfier with more low end grunt and the ZX14 was not in the budget. I spent a y
ear looking for a low mileage Connie but the few I found were way overpriced.
I saw a month old  ad in a local weekly swap and sell it guide for a 95 GPZ wit
h 4k on it. I spent a couple days searching the web and found [1]http://list.gp
z1100.com/ and a handful of other sites. That weekend I went and saw the bike a
nd was blown away by the condition of the bike. It looked like a brand new bike
, other than a couple of silly Superman stickers (any tips on removing stickers
?)
The guy had been listing it locally for a month and hadn't had any takers. I bo
ught it for $2000.00.
Compared to most of you guys on the list I am a casual rider at best but I put
about 6000 miles on her last year just as she was. This year I plan on some upg
rades, I already picked up some gen mars and a stage 1 dynojet kit, and have a
zero gravity sport touring windscreen on its way.
I'll probably be driving you all nuts with NewB questions in the near future, b
ut hey you let me join ;P