Another New Guy

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 27 18:22:22 PDT 2009

Welcome Keith,
     You will enjoy your GPZ. The Superman stickers applied by the PO were
an obvious attempt to try and make his red '95 as fast as the black '96. His
disappointment was reflected in the low sale price. But it's OK, I know
there was no way you could have known.  ;^)
     GenMars are a great improvement. If you see a set of Dave Daniels Super
Bar Risers Extraordinaire for sale by a lister, snatch them up. They are as
much of an improvement over GenMars as the Genmars are over stock.
     The Zero Gravity Sport touring screen is pretty good. Eventhough it
directs more wind at your helmet, it is very smooth, without buffeting and
quite tolerable.
     If you plan on installing the DynoJet kit yourself, DO NOT use the
diaphragm springs supplied in the kit. Reinstall the stock ones. Using the
kit supplied springs will give you an incurable off-idle stumble until you
put the stock ones back in.
     Ask anything you want about the GPZ. Those here have tried everything
at least once (that's all it took was once using the Gunk Engine Flush,
wasn't it Dave?).

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'08 KLR 650