Laminar lip?

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Wed Apr 29 12:18:44 PDT 2009

I have a 'Lip on my ST1300 and it's been fine for me.  I know it doesn't say
much for the GPZ's airflow.

The thing with the ST1300, is that the factory airflow generates a fair bit
of turbulence at helmet level, rather annoying.  I got used to it and it's
tolerable and all that.  I got a Laminar Lip and installed it and I did
notice a reasonable reduction in turbulence.  I noticed it a lot more one
day when I took the Lip off to clean everything and left it off to
experience the difference.  It only took a day or two before I put it back
on.

So, personally, I'll give the Lip a moderate thumbs-up.   For the GPZ, sorry
- I couldn't say.