vapor lock, and more

chris marquis marquis1968 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 10:18:13 PDT 2009

I to ,even after growing up racing dirt bikes and 3 wheelers (remember those) sometimes forget to turn the gas on!!Did it on my gpz a couple times once right in front of a police car,i figured sure as hell this was going to get me at least a 20 minute lectuer and or a ticket,you don`t want to get thier attn. around here the only help you get is the prior mentioned things.  lol  They used to have little stickers at the motorcycle dealer in town that said (turn the gas on dummy) that we used to put on top of the tank,  lol that did really help , but my point is that i just don`t trust the automatic petcocks i`ve had/seen to many problems like this one,going over some railroad tracks and the bike quit ,at night of course so it took half an hour to see that the vacume line had come loose and shut the fuel off on  me !! in the bad part of town of course  !!! Riding not just alot of fun-but an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck  guys   Chris