Steering head bearings - question

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Mon Aug 24 10:59:34 PDT 2009

Hey, y'all, isn't that spanner for the shock pre-load?    I haven't
actually messed with my shock (or my toolkit, either!), so I might be
thinking of the wrong thing, but all the bikes' toolkits I've seen with
those type of spanners were for the shock pre-load adjuster.

My wife's Bandit 1250 has one, although it has a flat platform-like
appendage that lays on the body of the shock for support, I doubt that
would be useful at all for the head bearings.

My other bike uses a remote hydraulic adjuster, none of this fiddly
spanner crap. :)