What a difference...

art.robinson art.robinson at rogers.com
Fri Dec 11 07:11:22 PST 2009

A man after my own heart!!

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at micapeak.com [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at micapeak.com]
On Behalf Of john leonard
Sent: 11 December 2009 09:33
To: Kawasaki GPZ1100 discussion
Subject: What a difference...

For years my GPZ just wouldn't run well in sub-freezing temps.  It would
stall and need ~50% choke almost the entire ride time.

Over the years I purchased a Triumph Speed Triple and Harley Vrod
thinking that fuel injection was the answer to cold weather riding.  I
was wrong -- a valve job and carb sync has my GPZ running as well as the
injected bikes.

I sold the Speed Triple and the VROD because I always found myself
riding the GPZ due to its versatility, fairing, riding position, large
gas tank, etc.  I was contemplating a Bandit with fairing because it's
so much like the GPZ but fuel injected.

For a cost of $300 (for the GPZ tuneup)  I found that I don't need the
Bandit or any other bike.   The GPZ is a solid bike.

24 degrees and running like a champ.

Now I just need to figure how to keep my fingers from feeezing up - the
heated grips and various gloves I've tried don't quite do it.

john