New Here

Tomas Elia doctom123 at webtv.net
Sat Feb 21 18:32:35 PST 2009

Hi:...

I'm new here as a member and this would be my first post..
Here's some background...
Most People just call me Doc and I ive in Oregon USA.......
I've been a long time rider of mostly KZ 1000's...
Recently I came accross an 83 GPZ1100 for $800.00....Nice looking bike with the usual complement of small dents/scrapes and collective abuses but it started right up and didn't smoke....Rides nice too...
There are issues here and there but most of it I can handle....
I joined because I really don't understand the bike and thought I'd might find some advice here on some problems...
Right off I'd like to ask if there are resourses for an aftermarket gasket kit...??..
I can see it will need some care and a gasket kit would be good to have..
Also I see someone has taken the stock airbox off and has added pods....
I've never worked on injectors and I wonder if removing the stock airbox might cause problems with the injectors or sensors...?...
anyway glad to see there still is a forum for gpz riders and thanks for letting me join...

             Doc