GPZ Thoughts (Paul S. Elsberry) Re: GPZList Digest, Vol 26, Issue 10

Robert.Justice at uk.pgds.com Robert.Justice at uk.pgds.com
Tue Jan 13 03:33:42 PST 2009

Hi Paul,

A question with no correct answer - buy new, keep old?

Think this comes down to a personal choice. In the past 6 months I have
spent close to £1000(GBP) on the GPZ1100(E1) I bought last summer for
£1750. Friends, parents and colleagues have all told me I should "sell the
bike, take the loss on the chin and buy a newer model". If I was one of
them I would probably be saying the same thing but I don't know, there is
something between my big blue beautiful baby and me. Perhaps it is the
knowledge of the heritage of the bike, fastest production bike (for a
short time at least), amazing pull through all the rev range or maybe it's
just because it's my first big bike but no matter the reasoning I'm still
looking to spend another £600 on downpipes and fitting to get rid of that
broken baffler.
When does the cost of motoring dictate a new motor? Never! If you love it,
the money is not a waste otherwise sell up and move on.

Have fun and take care, whether thats on your GPZ or new beast.

BTW are those headers 4-1 or 4-2? Looking for replacement downpipes for my
Nexxus cans so if they fit I would suggest getting rid of your GPZ and
letting me buy it XD

Cheers,
Rob Justice
System Administrator (GEMS)  - PGDS Finance
Craigforth, Stirling, SCOTLAND, FK9 4UE
Tel:          01786 405109            (81 5109)
E-mail:      robert.justice at uk.pgds.com

Message: 2