Mirrors

Paul Heim SuprHtr at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jul 15 04:05:14 PDT 2009

The following is from someone's post of two years ago, describing the
balancer adjustment procedure:

"It's a little tough to get at without removing the RH lower. Start the bike
and let it idle. Put a large blade screwdriver in the slot of the shaft and
loosen the clamp WHILE HOLDING THE SCREWDRIVER TIGHTLY SO THE SHAFT DOES NOT
TURN. Turn the shaft back and forth until you hear a chirping sound. Turn
the shaft in the opposite direction until the chirping noise just goes away,
then just a tiny bit more. Tighten the clamp and you are done. I took a
little white Dykem and marked the shaft where it lines up with the split in
the clamp. If the motor gets buzzy again, you can look and see if the
balancer adjustment has moved (or not) when diagnosing the problem."

YMMV

Paul in Ohio