Tires

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Tue Jul 28 19:24:25 PDT 2009

Believe it or not, my '95 that I bought a couple of years ago still has the
stock tires!!!  Yeah, I know but I have other bikes as well.  They only have
3500 miles on them.  Tonight I decided to light them up for my buddies and I
kid you not, I could not hold the front tire still and burn the rear, it
just shuddered down the road which was a handfull!  The back light up, but
no matter how hard I leaned on the front brake the bike would still push.
Amazing,...now I look like an idiot as bringing it to red line and dumping
the clutch should just generate a lot of smoke, not so on these old tires,
the front is so hard it just pushes along.  Food for thought, and yes, I'm
getting a new set of tires as I decided to keep the red beast as I couldn't
sell it for any reasonable amount and she's a nice mount.

John