Gas Shortage?

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Fri Jul 31 20:42:06 PDT 2009

Yep!..

Apparently one of the Petro Can refineries in the Edmonton area suffered
damage from a lightening strike.
It took down a gas refining facility.  Not sure if it was the whole facility
or just a large portion of it.
According to today's paper that has been resolved and they are functional
again but a week behind in production.  They had to ship gas from Eastern
Canada to help fill the void this situation created.

It is a joke, we have lots of crude, but just barely enough refining
capacity and it takes NOTHING to upset that.  Big arguments about building
more, but the cost is high, and the argument is that it is not cost
effective, if what we have is not currently at capacity.  Depends on who's
camp you are in if the argument / economics / accounting / etc. is a "valid"
point of view..

Pretty messed up system..  I really want the electric car, solar panel to
charge it and no more dependency on all of this silliness.

Paul W. Landry
P_Landry at telus.net