Towing a trailer

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Wed Jun 10 19:30:09 PDT 2009

I've towed my GPZ from Colorado to California, Arkansas, and
Montana and never had an issue.  I'm guessing the weight of
the bike and trailer just don't make that much difference
normally.  OTOH, I have pulled a heavy enclosed trailer with
three bikes inside over the mountain passes and in that case
it was indeed heavy enough to push my Explorer in the
corners and on steeper down hills.  I didn't like it.  I
pull a 1,500lb pop-up fairly often and have never had any
issue with that one.

Yeah, ask Mason about pissing on a fence, probably a
Scottish thing.  ;-)

Charles S.

>Just curious if anybody on the list has ever towed a
>trailer with a bike? I see a lot on
>the road lately. I would think braking at all while
>turning would push the rear end.
>Can't see myself ever doing it, just wondering what it's
>like. Kinda like pissing on an electric fence.
> P.S. If you have ever done the fence thing, feel free to
share that too ;-)