Blue LEDs in dash

William K Denton wkdenton at
Mon Mar 2 13:09:23 PST 2009

The link to Murph's kits is broken.  How many lumens were the LED's that you
put in?  The stock setup in the GPZ has five 1.7w and five 2.4w bulbs.

Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton at
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC
We make "Left for Dead" roadworthy again!
Specializing in reanimating bikes from 1970 through 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hamm" <philbike20 at>
To: <gpzlist at>
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:11 PM
Subject: Blue LEDs in dash

In case anyone needs to change out your dash lights - here is what blue LEDs
look like:

Not quite as bright as in the picture.  I had a couple of the lights out and
changed out the incandescent bulbs to all LEDs a few years ago.  There's a
Concours web page that tells what kind of LEDs you need.  They're readily
available.  All you need is clears to replace all the dummy lights,
blinkers, etc.  I bought blue ones to see what they would look like and I
think they look pretty cool!

-Phil Hamm

Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to