Cold start problem?

chris marquis marquis1968 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 21:03:11 PST 2009

I have a 95 gpz 1100, low miles and runs very well ,i`ve noticed when it about 45 degrees f  it has to crank over quite a bit before it even thinks of firing , even when fully choked . a friend of mine that had a ltd 1000 says that it was common with his also,once it finds about three or four cylinders it starts and warms up a couple minutes  it runs fine   ,my thought is is` jetted for warmer weather   at about 55 and up it starts great        with the choke fully on that is      i try not to ride it on days that cold anyway ,but sometimes you gotta an man i hate cranking on a starter like that                 thanks  chris