anyone know which fuse controls the horn?

Bob Nelson majordad at
Thu Mar 19 10:22:09 PDT 2009

1KPerDay wrote:
> Thanks you happen to know where the connectors for the horn
> join up to the fuse block or battery? Or do I just trace the lines
> backward from the horn? Also does anyone know if other Kawi horns are
> compatible, and if so, which? I assume it's a standard type horn
> that's used on a lot of bikes....
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Simon White <swhite at> wrote:
>> Try taking the horn off (the connectors will just pull off) and connecting it (carefully) directly across a battery*.  If it works consistently then it's time to look elsewhere.  Definitely don't cut any wires, though - that will just lead to corrosion in them and more problems.
My schematic for a US bike shows seven fuses counting the turn signal
relay/fuse.  It numbers the horn fuse as number two and shows a 10A
fuse.  The cover for the fusebox on my 95 has a diagram inside.  It
shows the horn as the rearmost fuse in the middle row.  Hope that helps