New Engine Design

Jeffrey Walker walkerjl at charter.net
Sun Mar 29 14:38:16 PDT 2009

The Mazda RX7 rotary only had three moving parts too.  (at least the
naturally aspirated ones, the later versions had twin sequential turbines).
Anyway, two rotors and the eccentric shaft.  Though that is a bit of
exaggeration too, as each rotor apex seal is spring loaded and floated in
and out of the apex slot.

Come to think of it, my '84 RX7 was a bit of a gas hog.  I had intended to
make a SCCA slalom car out of it, but sold it.