2009 Honda DN-01

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Mon May 4 10:49:46 PDT 2009

I applaud Honda for venturing "outside the box" with this thing but, the
execution is..  Well..  Odd.
Too much time with the marketing department and the consumer committee /
market research analysis..
Aka - Marketing run amuck!.

There is some neat technology applied to this thing, especially the
transmission.
Agreed, this 600+ lb "supper scooter" @ $15k is not a great show case for it
as it tries to be everything to everyone and is nothing to anyone!.  IMHO

Too bad they did not apply some of that tech and innovation in a more
conventional cruiser style and maybe a sport tourer type of package.  More
like Aprilla did with the Mana 850.

Personally, I am not ready to give up my clutch and manual transmission, too
much fun!..  But..  Not that long ago I would have scoffed at ABS on bikes,
with this new generation of ABS from the likes of Honda (CBR1000RR for
example) I am changing my tune!..

While I would not buy it, I would not poke too much fun at someone that
does, as they obvious had more money than me!..  ;-D

Paul W. Landry
P_Landry at telus.net

From: andy burkard

Undoubtably the stupidest thing i've ever seen from honda.

http://powersports.honda.com/street/crossover.aspx

nope, it's not photoshop - - DROP 15K ON THIS RIDICULOUS THING!!!

the folks at honda who came up with this thing should be shot.

IMHO of course...
andy b