I'm an idiot

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Wed May 13 06:27:36 PDT 2009

Wow, sorry to hear that but things happen.  I built a 350 Chevy engine once
and decided to wash it off prior to starting it for the first time and the
distributor wasn't in it yet.  Guess a significant amount of water went down
that opening as I couldn't hardly get any oil pressure using my drill to
prime the oil pump through that same distributor oil but finally did get it
up.  When it started I could see there was hardly any oil pressure and then
realized something was wrong.  Opened the drain plug and guess what, nothing
but water for a few seconds before oil started coming out.

Did the oil light not come on for awhile I assume ?  Maybe you just have a
wad of paper towel on the oil pickup in the bottom end.  If you're going to
pull the mill that's what I'd do prior to tossing it.  Also, did you take
off the oil filter yet?  Maybe all the stuff is in there, change filter, end
of problem, maybe.

Good Luck,

John