New guy here with 2 GPZs

Alan abstrakt101 at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 10:02:49 PDT 2009

Hey guys, good to finally join the list!  I've been a browser for a while, and I just bought my 2nd GPZ!

I'm Alan, and I'm from Livonia, Michigan.  I'm 26, and finally getting into the motorcycle scene!  I currently own a 1996 GPZ 1100 with 26,000 miles, and a barn queen 1995 GPZ 1100 with 2800 miles.  I bought the latter one off of Chris Marquis yesterday.  It's a fantastic runner, and just needs some cosmetic work.  My 96' is the reason I bought the 95'.  I bought it as a project, and I'm about to light it on fire!  It runs fantastic, but ALWAYS stalls when coming to a stop.  It starts and idles perfect, until you hold the RPM's above 3000 for more than 5 seconds, and then let off of the gas.  So, I'm going to be swapping parts, and finding out what's causing the problems on the 96'.  I've had 3 master mechanics look at it, rebuild the carbs, re-jet it, Micron full exhaust, and sync'd them, and it doesn't make a difference.  Hopefully I can figure it out soon!!!  Oh, I'll make a separate post on the parts I need for the 95'.  I'm going to be selling the
 96' when I figure out what's wrong with it and fix it.  :)

Good to be on the list, and hope to be here for a while!  I love these bikes!

Oh yeah, did I mention I bought my 96' for an unbeatable price, and it came with handlebar risers, a corbin seat, original Kawasaki hard bags, a cover, the original seat, full service history, and brand new tires? :D