My valve shim saga that turned into a paper mess

mrgilmore at mrgilmore at
Mon May 18 16:49:43 PDT 2009

Hey Ralph, and guys!

Long term lurker Ron Jordan here.? Glad to hear the good news.? I'm no great wrencher myself, but please allow this:? For the cost of a few (several) quarts of fresh oil, I heartily recommend changing the oil in the next few, maybe one or two hundred miles - and then do the same hundred or so and change it out again.? Looking for any remaining bits 'o rag that might still be inside.? Like I said, for a few bucks of "wasted" oil, it's better for your psyche when you're about to hit it hard or go on a long ride, that you did it and found less and less or no rag bits in those hundred or two miles...

Keep grinnin'
Ron Jordan
Altadena, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: dominatr37 <dominatr37 at>
To: corbie at; gpzlist at
Sent: Mon, 18 May 2009 4:35 pm
Subject: Re: My valve shim saga that turned into a paper mess

<<great news Ralph the GPZ is saved>>?
Yes, this had me pretty happy. It took all day but it worked out. We started doing this at 9:30 this morning and didn't finish till about 6:30. That oil line really screwed me up though. Hopefuly that won't take to long to get here.?
Ralph L. Angelo Jr.?
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!?
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."?
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9?
Check out?
LIMELongriders NEW site;? ?